Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ashes

The pianist and I took our daughter the other day to see our plot where we will eventually be planted! I lay down in the section that we have chosen and it felt comfortable; a grassy knoll next to the Celtic cross in an acreage of rolling hills with a blue sky and scudding clouds above. My daughter took a nice picture of me in repose. I had asked the pianist earlier if she would consider sharing the same urn with me so our ashes could be mixed since I am such a codependent! She was adamantly opposed to that idea and stamped her foot. "I want to rest in peace." she said," I have lived with you for 54 years and shared the same bed but I want privacy for my ashes.My vow extended to have and to hold as long as we both shall live!" Well that was pretty clear. "What's more," she said, "Your ashes are likely to jump and turn repeatedly and snore a lot and that's not going to be restful in peace for me! I'll finally get to have a good sleep! " I rethought the matter and it is probably not practical anyway as the timing is everything in these matters. I'll have to be a big boy!

1 comment:

  1. That was a hoot Jim
    Tell her that your ashes in their movement will break the urn , sprout as seeds and find their way over to crack her urn. That is far as I will venture as she might end up being a thorn attached to you as a rose.
    So far we have only agreed to be thrown into the garden at St P's and at least we will not be merged into St Mary's plot.
    lol /Rob

    ReplyDelete